I remember baking this apple crumble cheesecake in 2009 for my sister’s birthday and everyone absolutely loved it. Everyone kept coming back for more and it was wiped off in no time.
I thought it was an excellent idea to combine both apple crumble and cheesecake together into one. Taste delish indeed! Decided to bake it again this year as I really missed the taste of it.
Apple crumble cheesecake recipe from Y3K delicious cakes:
150g plain flour, 50g caster sugar
100g butter (diced), 1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon rind
25g desiccated coconut (toasted)
2-3 tbsp iced water
120g plain flour, 35g caster sugar
80g butter (diced), 100g pecans (toasted and chopped)
Utensils: 9 inch spring form cake tin.
A: 3 green apples, 50g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon rind, 2 tbsps lemon juice
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp plain flour
2 tbsp raisins
100g macadamia nuts (chopped and toasted)
B: 500g cream cheese (at room temperature)
100g caster sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice
30g cornflour, 250ml UHT whipping cream
3 eggs (beaten)
1) Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius. Place flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in butter and mix until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add in egg yolk, lemon rind and coconut. Add in water a little at a time until mixture binds. Press mixture into a 9 inch loose base cake tin. Prick holes with a fork. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
2) Filling: Peel and core apples, cut into pieces. Place remaining filling (A) in a pan. Cook over low heat until thickened. Set aside. Reduce over heat to 140 degree celcius.
3) Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in sugar, lemon juice and cornflour and beat until creamy. Add in the cream. Add in eggs until combined.
4) Place flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add in pecan nuts and mix well.
5) Pour half the cheese mixture onto the baked base. Spread the apple filling and sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Top with the remaining cheese mixture.
6) Sprinkle topping to cover the surface of the cheese filling. Bake in water bath for one hour. Turn off oven and leave cake in oven for another half an hour. Remove cake from oven and leave to cool. Refridgerate until set before serving.