My engineer finally came in today and fixed the phone line! After 2 months of agonising wait! But thanks to all my loyal blog followers who have not abandoned me through all the tough times waiting for my internet to be set up!
I have been baking today.
Decided to try out some strawberry cheese tarts!
Can I say how much I dislike the yellow lighting in my flat….grr…
Strawberry cheese tarts (adapted from Aunty Yochanna blueberry cheese tart recipe):
Ingredients for Pastry: (Makes about 14 nos.)
200 gm. Butter
120 gm. icing sugar
60 gm. beaten egg
400 gm. Plain flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Ingredients for Cream cheese filling:
300 gm. Cream cheese
80 gm. icing sugar
1 tsp. lemon paste (alternatively 1 tsp. lemon rind and 1/2 tbsp. Lemon juice)
15 gm. vanilla essence
50 gm. whip cream
25 gm. cornflour – sieved
2 nos. large eggs
Some good quality strawberry Jam topping
(1) Cream butter, icing sugar till slightly creamy.
(2) Add in beaten eggs, salt, and vanilla essence.
(3) Fold in flour and mix into a dough. Leave in the fridge for 20 mins.
(4) Press dough into tart mould and cut off excess dough.
(5) Bake the tart mould till half-baked and let it cool slightly.
(6) Cream cream cheese and icing sugar till creamy.
(7) Add in lemon paste and vanilla essence.
(8) Add in eggs one at a time , beating well after each addition.
(9) Add in whip cream and mix evenly.
(10) Add in cornflour and mix evenly.
(11) Pour filling into half-baked tarts, scoop a little blueberry jam topping on top of filling and then use a skewer to swirl into a marble effect and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 10 to 15 mins. or till set.
(12) Leave to cool before serving.