I call this a chicken baked cheesy rice.
Tasted it a few times when my sister made it but never did it myself. Decided today that I have to use up the pieces of chicken breast which I got from a bargain at Waitrose and the idea of a baked rice spring into my mind.
Simple but delicious! Mouthfuls of cheese is just so sinful! Definitely a dish I would make again and again!
Chicken baked cheesy rice recipe by myself:
3 cups of cooked rice (cooked using a rice cooker)
5 pieces of chicken breast, sliced into smaller pieces (you can use chicken thighs if you want to)
200g of button mushrooms sliced thickly
Some minced garlic
Two sliced onions
1 and half cans of baxter cream of chicken (you can use campbell or whichever brand you prefer, I used baxter as there was a sales at waitrose!)
280ml of double cream
salt and black pepper to taste
Approximately 400mg of mozzarella + cheddar shredded cheese
A relatively deep pyrex dish (mine is 35cm) for baking
-Preheat oven at 200 celcius.
1) Heat up the pan with a knob of butter. Stir fry minced garlic and onions. Add in the chicken and fry until nearly cooked before adding in the mushrooms. Continue to stir fry until the mushrooms become soft and the chicken is just cooked.
2) Add cream into the pan and stir well. Add in the baxter cans cream of chicken and bring to a boil. (Always add in the cream before adding the chicken stock.)
3) Add the cooked rice into the sauce. Stir and let it cook for a few minutes until the rice has fully absorbed all the sauce.
4) Place the rice in a deep pyrex dish. Cover with all the yummylicious cheese and make sure it is well spread over the top of the rice.
5) Bake in a preheated oven at 200 celcius for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh or dried parsley at the end when the dish is done!